These instructions will enable you to get a command line prompt on your Joggler using O2 firmware.
Step 1. download ubuntu image and write it to a USB pendrive
- uncompress the GZ file - http://www.7-zip.org/
- Use http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ to write the image.
Step 2. Booting and enabling telnetd
- Plug in a USB HUB to your joggler and into this the USB stick with Ubuntu and a USB keyboard.
- Switch on your joggler and wait for the console login prompt.
- Login to Ubuntu mount the O2 firmware and enable the telnetd daemon
login: joggler password: joggler sudo su mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt /mnt/sbin/nvram -w net.login=YES umount /mnt
Now you have TELNETD enabled on your Joggler you can use this to setup SSHD. Unplug all the USB devices and reboot.
Step 3. Enable SSHD
Trying 192.168.1.117... Connected to dhcp-192-168-1-117.local (192.168.1.117). Escape character is '^]'. atom login: root OpenPeak Atom BSP ("Frame") Copyright(C) 2008 OpenPeak, Inc. All rights reserved. #
Now that you are in you can setup SSHD
cd /tmp wget http://www.dbzoo.com/joggler/breakin wget http://www.dbzoo.com/joggler/payload.tgz chmod 777 breakin ./breakin
Step 4. Did you want the iServer + xAP stuff iserver_installation